PHILOSOPHYThe Las Vegas City Schools District recognizes co-curricular activities as a part of the educational process of our students, and as an extension of that educational process. Participation in these activities provides opportunities for personal growth, skill development, socialization, creativity, and competitive experiences.
The goals of the co-curricular programs offered at Las Vegas City Schools are:
- To teach attitudes of responsibility and cooperation by helping students understand that participation in co-curricular activities is a privilege that carries with it accompanying responsibilities.
- To provide activities for learning self-discipline, loyalty, teamwork, cooperation, personal pride, school pride, team pride, respect for the rights of others, and the will to be successful.
- To provide the opportunity and to encourage all students to participate and meet the healthy need for competition.
- To encourage all students who participate in co-curricular activities to meet and exceed their potential.
- To provide activities around which the entire school can rally, thereby developing school spirit and commitment.
- To learn to place the unit team, squad, class and school above personal desires.